NGĀPUHI RŪNANGA GROUP
TE RŪNANGA Ā IWI O NGĀPUHI
The Ngāpuhi Rūnanga Group is a collective of four organisations who represent the interests and aspirations of more than 125,000 people who identify themselves as Ngāpuhi.
Te Rūnanga-Ā-Iwi-Ō-Ngāpuhi is the parent organisation of the Group that includes Ngāpuhi Iwi Social Services, Te Hau Ora O Ngāpuhi and the Ngāpuhi Asset Holding Company.
As a collective, we provide a range of support, advisory services and events to help progress our iwi, hapū, marae and whānau towards a vision where the sacred house of Ngāpuhi stands strong.
Our vision for Ngāpuhi
Kia tū tika ai te whare tapu o Ngāpuhi
That the sacred house of Ngāpuhi stands strong.
Mā te Rūnanga e arahi atu
i te wairuatanga
i te pāporitanga
i te tikanga me te tupu whai hua mō Ngāpuhi
kia hua ai ki te katoa o Ngāpuhi
te mana motuhake me te ora tonu.
We lead the spiritual, social, cultural, environmental and economic growth of Ngāpuhi by ensuring the self-determination and on-going sustainability of our people.
Based in Kaikohe, the Ngāpuhi Rūnanga Group is firmly grounded in Ngāpuhi tikanga and cultural values with a clear responsibility to enhance the wellbeing of our people and plan a positive pathway forward for Ngāpuhi into the future.
- Lead and support initiatives to promote, facilitate and enhance Ngāpuhi reo, education, youth, mātauranga, arts, environmental health, papakāinga development
- Education scholarships, discretionary, sponsorship and funding support for hapū and marae development
- Manage the iwi tribal register and member communications
- Authentic Ngāpuhi branded clothing and merchandise
- Host of the Ngāpuhi Festival.
Te Rōpū Kaumātua Kuia o Te Whare Tapu ō Ngāpuhi Kaunihera
- The Kaunihera’s main purpose is to ensure the Trustees of Te Rūnanga-Ā-iwi-Ō-Ngāpuhi meet their cultural and spiritual obligations to Ngāpuhi across its businesses.
Read more about Te Rōpu Kaumātua Kuia o Te Whare Tapu ō Ngāpuhi Kaunihera
Ngāpuhi Iwi Social Services
- NZ’s largest Māori social service provider – for Ngāpuhi, by Ngāpuhi.
- Deliver programmes and provide advice and support for at-risk and vulnerable youth and whānau.
Read more about Ngāpuhi Iwi Social Services
Te Hau Ora O Ngāpuhi
- Leads Ngāpuhi’s health strategy
- Facilitate and deliver important health services for all Ngāpuhi who live in Kaikohe and surrounding areas.
Read more about Te Hau Ora O Ngāpuhi
Ngāpuhi Asset Holding Company
- Protect and grow Ngāpuhi’s fisheries settlement assets and essential revenue streams
- Manages and operates Mobil & Paper Plus Kaikohe
- Monitor and prudently invest assets in the most effective and beneficial ways possible for Ngāpuhi.
Read more about the Ngāpuhi Asset Holding Company
The Trust Deed for Te Rūnanga-Ā-Iwi-Ō-Ngāpuhi defines the purpose of Takiwā, to provide an opportunity for any person of Ngāpuhi descent to participate and provide input into the interests of all Ngāpuhi.
Te Rūnanga-Ā-Iwi-Ō-Ngāpuhi Charitable Trust Deed
There are currently 10 Takiwā in Ngāpuhi:
Takiwā nominate and elect a Trustee to represent them (and broader Ngāpuhi interests) on the Board of Trustees*. Trustees are elected for a term of three years.
Takiwā meet regularly and we encourage all Ngāpuhi to attend and participate in the important kaupapa that are discussed. It’s also a great opportunity to meet other Ngāpuhi whānau.
More information about Ngāpuhi Takiwā
*Ngāti Hine have voluntarily withdrawn their representation on the Board of Trustees
TE RŪNANGA-Ā-IWI-Ō-NGĀPUHI BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Ngāpuhi ki Waitematā
Te Rau Allen
Deputy Chair (Trustee)
Taiāmai ki te Marangai
Te Rōpū Takiwā o Mangakahia
Ngāpuhi ki Waitematā
Ngā Ngaru ki Hokianga
Ngāpuhi Hokianga ki te Raki
Ngāpuhi ki te Hauāuru
Te Takiwā o Ngāpuhi ki te Tonga o Tāmaki Makaurau
Te Takiwā o Ngāpuhi ki Whangārei
- 16 Mangakahia Road, Kaikohe
Te Rūnanga-Ā-Iwi O Ngāpuhi
PO Box 263